Sucrose Ester Based Coating for Cherry Fruit Freshness
- Semperfresh™ inhibits water loss while allowing gas exchange between the fruit and its environment.
- Reduces weight loss and excess respiration, resulting in firmer cherries with less pitting.
- Cherry stems stay greener longer, due to greater moisture retention.
- Gives sheen to cherries without leaving an oily or greasy film on the fruit.
- Widely used in the fresh pear industry to reduce bruising, weight loss, preserve green color, and fruit pressure in storage, without delaying normal ripening processes for consumers.
Semperfresh™ is a sucrose ester based coating used on cherries and pears to control weight loss and excess respiration, retain moisture, and preserve natural color of fruit.